Event Authorization

New event requests should be made in the new University Event Authorization System at request.event.iastate.edu.
Please update your links and bookmark that site.

The Event Authorization Process and Committee govern plans for activities or events that are sponsored by a recognized student organization and authorized by Iowa State University. Event authorization requests must be submitted and approved prior to the event so the university can properly manage planning issues for student organizations.

What is the Event Authorization Committee?

The Event Authorization Committee exists to ensure that the proper guidelines are adhered to for the University and to assist you in the planning and preparation of your event. Members of the committee will represent the following areas Facilities Planning and Management, Department of Public Saftey, Department of Residence, Student Activities Center, Iowa State University Dining, Recreation Services, Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety, and Event Management.

Based on the type of event you are holding, you may or may not have to meet with the Event Authorization Committee (EAC). All student events must be approved by the Event Authorization Committee. If you have further questions please call 515.294.8081.

What events have to be authorized?

Events that are open to the public, (i.e. includes members from outside of your organization including from other universities), or if your event contains any of the following you will need to have the event authorized:

  • Food
  • Animals
  • Gambling/Raffles
  • Alcohol
  • Youth (Non-Iowa State University Students under the age of 18)
  • Non-university Vendors

Events that are not open to the public (i.e. weekly organization meeting, practices, organization sponsored trip) do not have to be authorized.